Saturday, March 29, 2014

Run Disney Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend




On Tuesday, March 25, 2014, Karen and I we sitting by our laptops waiting... waiting for Noon (EDT). That is when Run Disney would open registration for the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon. Then when the hands of the clock were pointing straight up, Karen and I we feverishly clicking... clicking... refreshing... until the "register" button appeared on the Run Disney website.

Once the button appear we each click to the Active.com registration page. We proceeded to register for the half marathon. WOW... $195 just for the half marathon. But I figured it was an inaugural race so I justified the cost in my mind. We were finally registered by 12:14 PM EDT.

I asked Karen if she was interested in registering for the Avengers Super Heroes 5k Run, the day before the half marathon. She passed on the opportunity. I figured since I was out in Disneyland, for that weekend, this would be a one and done weekend.

So I went back to Run Disney's website to click on the registration button for the 5k. A click here.. key taps there... finally I hit accept and was officially registered for the 5k and the half was already completed.

Later that evening, I received a few texts messages about the races that weekend. They were FULL! The half marathon reached  capacity at 1 hour 53 minutes. Good thing I didn't wait until after work to register. But what really caught my attention was the 5k. It sold out in 23 minutes. I made it in just under the wire and the race was an after thought for me.

So we are in... made hotel reservations already. Next will be airfare, still trying to deciding which airlines to choose. If I fly United, I get an automatic bump to business class. But the flight will take 8 hours because we have to fly through a 'hub'. There are others out there that are non stop and about $50 cheaper. Still deciding...


I may not win the race...
I may not finish 1st in my age group...
but I will always have an Incredible time!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment